Agricultural Engineer (full-time/part-time)
Polariks is an early stage AgriTech startup based in the ESA Space Business Innovation Centre in Noordwijk. We are developing systems for precision agriculture applications. With our main focus now on the viticulture, wine growing, industry.
What we are looking for:
You are an all-round engineer/ developer with a background in biotechnology, biosystems engineering, food technology or similar with an interest in vision and robotics.
What you’ll be doing:
Within Polariks, you'll be the connection between agriculture and technology. Together with our engineer you'll be working on developing the vision and robotics for disease and quality monitoring of field crops. Here, you will bring in your knowledge on agriculture/food to help set the technological requirements and execution.
Also, you will have a leading role in the in-field implementation of the technology. Meaning the prototyping and evaluation. Furthermore, you connect with farmers directly to assess their needs and expectations to include and match with our final product.
- An analytical and critical mindset
- A startup mentality
- A good understanding of agriculture-tech market
- The ability to connect with farmers, understand their needs and translate them into technological requirements
- Experience with programming languages as Python is a plus
- Experience with machine learing/ AI and deep learning is a plus
- A strong network in agriculture is a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Young ambitious and multidisciplinary team
- Experience in high-tech and international operating startup
- A relaxed, balanced and informal work environment
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to partially work from home.
- Fun work atmosphere
- Good coffee
- A good remuneration, both in salary and share options
Interested? Send us your CV and a supportive letter to email@example.com